Friday, June 1, 2012

Waiting for Word on a New Dean

[June 4 Update from the Provost's Office:  A campus announcement is forthcoming. Pending the relevant approvals, the library will have a new dean on July 16.] 

I admit it; I'm jealous of other academic units on campus that are between deans. Those three colleges have updates in the Daily Egyptian about the selection stage for their replacement deans. The library's dean search didn't make it to the article. At Morris Library, the interviews for a new dean have been completed, but no one in the library knows* whether a new dean is "to be determined" or is "to be announced."



* By "knows," I mean has an official confirmation that can be shared. I heard a rumor from someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone, but I don't know in any official way what has happened since the decision process went to Anthony Hall.

No comments: